Monday, April 28, 2014

The Very Beginning


The Very Beginning

by David

In the beginning, the very beginning, before either one of us knew where the future would lead us... 
 
It began when I walked through the doors of her church. 
 
Its a good beginning. 
For no other reason than giving a ride to my younger sisters I found myself at Hope Christian Fellowship, and meeting Bekah. It wasn't love at first sight, she said hello while I was looking through a comic book bible, small talk was exchanged. 
 
It would not be the last.
 
Friendship started with "Bring your own chair" and personality tests and exploding propane grills (much more dramatic in prose than real life) 
With running and chatting and a mutual appreciation for science fiction. It continued with unintentionally matching t-shirts, with high school plays and youth ministry. 
 
 And from that tiny seed, a relationship grew.
 
A seed watered by ska music and never-tried-before recipes, by handwritten letters and the waltz. 
 
Until one day.... 
 
Flowers, dinner, chocolate ice cream, and Stargate SG-1. A long quiet walk around the pond that ended at a ramshackle gazebo. Confessions abounded: I said "I really like you, and I want to know everything." 
 
And then we held hands.

No comments :

Post a Comment