Saturday, May 22, 2010

2012 Another Epic Disaster Film

2012

2012 is one of those movies where natural disaster's affect the fate of humanity. I love them. I've seen Category 7 and The Day After Tomorrow multiple times. I enjoy more localized films too. Volcano, Twister, and even Armagedden. There is something about watching man against major natural disasters. In fact I don;t care if they are cheesy, as long as the effects are massive. 2012 did not disappoint.


My First Cent: The people were cast well. John Cusack is great to watch overcoming miracles. He has a great deal of lovabilty. I found myself rooting for his survival. His determination to save the people he cared about enabled him to exhibit. I also thought Amanda Peet portrayed her character well. Torn between the man she loved first and the man she loves now. She plays it well, not bitter, rather contemplative.

My Second Cent: The effects were phenomenal. Gigantic canyons created, towering tsunamis flooding, and massive volcanic eruptions all factor into the scenes humanity must overcome or die. In my opinion, the fact that some of the effects area bit over the top was actually play into the threat of total anniliation.  I think this one is going to have to be a purchase as soon as the price goes down.

4 out of 5 stars

No comments :

Post a Comment