Wednesday, May 26, 2010

May 26th and All is Well...or at least mostly well.

Between the modem issues and the end of the school year the last few weeks have been a little light on the blog posts. I have been reading lots of books. However many were unfinished. The Gemma Doyle books had great potential and good reviews. I picked up the audio book of the first book and just could not get into the book. Sadly I returned the book unfinished. I read a book called Rebels and Redcoats. It is the story of the American Revolution written by weaving firsthand accounts, letter, and memoirs with facts collected around the events. While it was well written, it focused mostly on the actually battles and troop movement. I’d rather read biographies and political reasons for the war. I also tried to read a retelling of Rumpelstiltskin, called a Curse as Dark as Gold. I only made it 65 pages before I gave up. It may get better, but I just wasn’t enjoying the book. Okay on to some books one can look forward to reading reviews about:
Finding God in the Lord of the Rings by Kurt Bruner and Jim Ware
 Traveling Mercies by Anne Lamott

No comments :

Post a Comment