Saturday, May 29, 2010

Revolutionary Road

Revolutionary Road

Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet reunite again to star in a film directed by Kate's own husband. Playing a couple in the 1950s, the pair struggle to live in the suburbian Connecticut.


My 1st cents: The story was poignant and unforgetable. There was a solemn nature to the film that was echoed in the people and their surroundings. The chemistry between Kate and Leo was profound. I found the range of emotions the pair of them exhibited vast. Kate was beautiful and heartrending. Leo was dramatic and ernest.

My 2nd Cents: I knew going in the R rating was partially due to sexual content. However, it still bothered me. I cannot say that extremity of the scenes were necessary for the mood or the progression of the film.

Final Thoughts: Although I think the acting and writing were outstanding, I did not enjoy the movie. Sometimes a movie can be quality, but not appeal to me. I believe Revolutionary Road is this group.

2.5 out of 5 stars.

No comments :

Post a Comment