Sunday, December 13, 2009

Mailbox Monday

I hit my favorite little used book store. Green Apple Books. I took in a few books I no longer wanted, and traded for some great Christmas reads. (If one cannot yet tell, I have a rather eclectic book palate.) I chose Aldous Huxley's The Island. I love reading and watching in the Utopic/Distopic genre. I've read Brave New World multiple times, so I thought I'd give another book by Huxley a try. Then I picked up Thomas Pynchon's The Crying of Lot 49. I trudged through his book Gravity's Rainbow a couple year back. That 800 page award winning book was an epic accomplishment and I decided no more Pynchon. However the friend who recommended me to it said, once you finish a Pynchon book you will come back and so here I am. I guess he could say, "I told you so." The third book is a new acquisition, but a reread. Madeline L'Engle's A Swiftly Tilting Planet. The is the third book in the Wrinkle in Time series. I fell in love with them in Junior high and have read almost every novel she has written, as well as her Crosswicks Journals. Add the pair of books in route for my reading pleasure and I know I will not not be short on unread books.

Thanks to The Printed Page for Hosting Mailbox Monday

2 comments :

  1. Oh these look great. Especially The Island. Even reading "Wrinkly in Time" takes me back. I'll have to revisit that during the childhood favorite challenge!

    happy reading!
    Heather
    http://www.2manygoodbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Childhood favorites Challenge sounds right up my alley. Where is that hosted at?

    ReplyDelete