Saturday, December 26, 2009

Rediscovering God in America



I received Rediscovering God in America by Newt Gingrich from Thomas Nelson Publishing to review. The book is simple in its plan. It declared I would take a walking tour of Washington D.C. and learn about how religion has played a role in the forming and sustaining of our nation. It did just that. Each chapter focused on a monument or building and its significance.


While I commend the author for his plan and will add this to my bookshelf for reference, I did not get into the book. Had I used this book as a companion piece to an actual walking tour it might have been fabulous. Should I need to source presidential faith statements, I now have them in one neat book. In fact that was the reason I picked out the book to read. I think “Under God” is important. I can also recommend this book for the wealth of information it contained.. There were many interesting nuggets of facts throughout the book. The origin of the Library of Congress and the various upgrades of the White House were both fascinating sections.

No comments :

Post a Comment