Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Between Two Queens


I finished Kate Emerson's book Between Two Queens. I had eagerly anticipated beginning this book. I love reading about the Tudor era. I struggled to get into the book. As I have read many books both fiction and non-fiction around the Tudors, I struggled connecting with the unknown characters in the beginnning of the book. I also had difficulty liking Nan. However, the book had such great reviews, I was determined to give the book a fair attempt. I came to appreciate Nan's position in society. Finally about a third of the way through the book I was captured by Nan's resiliance and the the unpredictable nature of her storyline. I am thoroughly glad I read the book. Additionally I want to read more books by Kate Emerson. I appreciate her ability to weave fiction into fact and craft a complete story about a real person. I also appreciate her index of peoples that concludes the book. In that the reader learns about the people in the book. A warning though, you may not want to read them before the book, they do contain spoilers.

Happy Reading 3.5 out of 5 stars.
This book is also part of my Historical Fiction Reading Challenge 2010

No comments :

Post a Comment