Monday, January 11, 2010

Yummy Apple Baking Adventure

This weekend I was craving something sweet and warm so I looked through my cabinets and behold the makings of apple crisp. So, I could have looked up a recipe, but I was feeling creative. This is what I used and the result was amazing. The apple part was a bit on the sweet side, so I'd halve the suger next time in the filling.

Apple Crisp
Topping:
2 cup Oatmeal
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 TBS Butter at room temp
1/8 tsp each ground nutmeg and and ground cinnamon
1/4 cup craisens. (dried cranberries)

Filling:
2 Golden Delicious apples cored and chopping into 1/2 to 1 inch pieces (I left the skins on but you could peel them)
1/4 cup soy milk (you could use regular milk)
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 tsp nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350. Mix filling and put in 8 inch pan. Mix topping until crumbly. top filling with topping. place in oven and bake for 35-45 minutes. topping should be browned and filling will be bubbly.

1 comment :

  1. Apple crisp sounds wonderful for these cold days! And I have some apples that need to used soon. Hmmmm. Have some cherries that could use cooking too...

    ReplyDelete