Friday, February 5, 2010

Sundays a Tiffanys... Expect the Unexpected

This is my first James Patterson book. He wrote it with Gabrielle Charbonnet. I read a good review from one of my fellow bloggers and then ran across it in the audio book section at my library. Quite honestly, it was the title that was the tipping point. One of my favorite songs is Breakfast at Tiffany's by Deep Blue Something. I actually watched the movie because of the song. So now the song has led me to James Patterson.

First, I was not prepared for the book. It has some intense moments. I was quite overwhelmed by the twists and turns. At one point I metaphorically slammed the book on the dashboard and threatened the author. I feel like if a book can elicit that extreme of a response, then it is definately worth a review.

The story begins with Jane and her imaginary friend Michael. Her life is difficult, but since she has Michael, she is not alone. Then fast forward to Jane as a adult. One day she is at the Regis and she sees Michael. The changes in her life that ensue hard for me to begin to describe without filling my blog with spoilers.

4.5 out of 5 stars

No comments :

Post a Comment