1. Which hour was most daunting for you? Hour 23 was the most daunting. It was the hour I didn't finish. Hour 24 was spent peacefully sleeping.
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Voices of Dragons was fantastic. by page 6, I was enthralled.
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?Hmm. I believe there is always room for growth, yet I can't think of anything apecific to share. I plan on having pre-cut veggies next time round.
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? I really loved the peppy videos of the last hours. They made me stop and smile, even have a laugh. Also the cheerleaders were fantastic. In the last few hours, the cheerleaders awake were very interactive on twitter. It was definately encouraging.
5. How many books did you read? I read 7 books (three from start to finish)
6. What were the names of the books you read?
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid (finished)
- The Selfless Gene (progress Made)
- Rumors (finished)
- Night Flight (started and finished)
- Voices of Dragons (started and finished)
- Beautiful Creatures (started)
- Magic Tree House Research Guide (started and finished)
8. Which did you enjoy least? The Selfless Gene. I snuck it in early to try and push through as much of it as I could. I did manage 62 pages.
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? Did not cheerlead this year.
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I am definately going to read again next year and cheerlead for a couple hours too.
Total Pages Read: 1023
Total Hours of Book Reading: 12 hours 51 minutes